(Resources for Child Care Providers and Parents can be found here.)
Governor Cuomo announces FY 2022 budget invests an historic $5 billion in child care, fulfilling many recommendations included in the Child Care Availability Task Force report. In addition to this annual support in the state budget, the federal government is providing $2.3 billion in stimulus funds ($469 million from the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 and $1.8 billion from the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021). This includes:
- $1.25 billion for stabilization grants to keep child care providers open
- $225 million to expand access and subsidy eligibility to 200% of the federal poverty level
- $25 million to provide child care scholarships for essential workers
- $291 million to support 12-month cycles for child care subsidy eligibility determinations
- $50 million to support facilitated enrollment for child care programs
- $192 million to limit family subsidy copays to no more than 10 percent of their income above the federal poverty level
- $120 million to provide child care subsidy payments for up to 24 absences per year
- $100 million to increase and expand child care capacity in child care "deserts"
- $40 million for cleaning, personal protective equipment and other supplies for child care providers
- $39 million to support the Quality Stars NY program and to make technology improvements in child care systems
While plans for disbursement haven't been solidified, CCRR looks forward to providing guidance with providers once OCFS shares its plans.
May 24, 2021
Revised Mask Guidance for Child Care Programs: NYS OCFS & DOH Joint Statement on Revised Mask Guidance for Child Care Programs
1/4/2021 Rockland County Department of Health: Quarantine/Isolation Duration Change and new NYS Travel Advisory.
COVID SUPPORT GROUPS: VCS provides innovative award-winning programs and services in response to community needs and is offering a variety of free COVID support groups for teens beginning at age 14 and for adults. There is also a support group for adults 60 +; a group held in Spanish; and a group for health care providers. If you would like to sign up for a support group or if you have any questions, please contact Ileana LaGrutta at 631-533-6338 or email@example.com or Snathalia Supreme at 845-243-0345 or firstname.lastname@example.org. VCS is also offering a support group in Spanish: Si desea inscribirse en el grupo de apoyo o si tiene alguna pregunta, comuníquese con Susana Cruz al 845-213-3778 o correo electronico a email@example.com o Wonda Perez al 724-610-9542 o correo electronico a firstname.lastname@example.org
9.29.20 CARES 3 Child Care Scholarship for Essential Workers. Learn more here.