Administrative Assistant – Health Care Consultancy
Job Description: Under the direction of the Director of Program Standards and Support Services and in tandem with our Nurse/Child Health Care Consultant:
Assist CCRR’s Registered Nurse/Child Health Care Consultant to guide child care programs participating in state funded Universal and Full-Day PreKindergarten on staying compliant with regulatory requirements. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining meticulous, accurate records
- Assist the Nurse/Child Health Care Consultant with reviewing immunization records of PreK applications as needed
- Contacting family health care provider(s) for medical info missing/omitted from PreK application(s) as needed
- Making program site visits to review immunization records/compliance
- Completing the Annual BMI/co-morbidities survey per NYSDOH
- Assist Nurse/Child Health Consultant with addressing needs of children with special health care needs with both program and parent
- Giving technical assistance ensuring NYSDOH Health Immunization Survey is complete
- Providing and/or assist in mandatory health related trainings
- Assist in tandem withNurse/Child Health Care Consultant in the ongoing contact with providers and programs to include giving technical assistance using a variety of methods such as face-to-face, teleconference, phone, mail, and email.
- Keeping current on all rules and regulations and other publications and requirements as they are released.
- Assist in data analysis and reporting to the contract agencies.
- Collaborating and sharing information with CCRR staff and participating in a variety of internal agency meetings.
- Other duties/activities as assigned.
Qualifying candidates will have:
- Current New York State License RN, LPN (preferred). RN/LPN nursing student candidate may be considered.
- Minimum one year of experience related to community health, pediatrics, infection control, occupational health and safety, advocacy.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly Word and Excel.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Knowledge about or experience with any of Rockland County’s diverse cultures is preferred; the ability to speak a second language is a plus.
- Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:00 most days however there will be the need to flex this schedule on occasion.
- In-person visits to child care programs are required. Qualifying candidate must have a valid driver’s license and own car with valid insurance.
20-25 hours per week as needed with flexibility of scheduling. Contract period expires June 30, 2021. Maximum contract payment: $30,105.
As this is a contract position, agency employment benefits are not offered.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to CCRR Executive Director Vicki Caramante at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM, Thursday, October 15, 2020. Resumes received after this deadline will not be considered.
Seeking Early Childhood Certified Teachers
Seeking enthusiastic and effective early childhood teachers to provide direct instructional services to four-year-old students in PreK classrooms for the 2019-2020 school year in Rockland County, New York.
Candidates must possess a current New York State Teaching Certificate in:
Early Childhood (Birth - Grade 2);
Nursery, Kindergarten and Grades 1-6 (N-6);
Prekindergarten - Grade 6 (P-6);
Students with Disabilities (Birth - Grade 2)
Community Based Organizations (CBOs) are independent organizations that contract with Rockland County school districts to provide free pre-K programs to four-year olds. The nearly 40 sites in Rockland offer diverse options for families across seven school districts. CBOs may range in size from having a single pre-K class to several classes. Each CBO employs its own teachers (they are not employees of the school district). Interested teachers may submit a resume and documentation of New York State Teacher Certification to email@example.com
Child Care Job Bank: If you are looking to work in a child care program or hire staff for your program, please contact Elaine Trotta and ask about our Job Bank.
Volunteering: Child Care Resources of Rockland (CCRR) accepts volunteers year round to work primarily in the Administrative Department. Volunteers will help with a variety of tasks including mailings, copying, filing and data entry. We accept volunteers for school required community service and court ordered community service. If you are interested in volunteering for Child Care Resources of Rockland, please call (877) 425-0009 x630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tales for Tots: Young children are receiving a head start towards emerging literacy because we know that children who are read to become readers. They have a greater chance to succeed in school, build positive self-esteem and become productive workers. Child Care Resources of Rockland recruits and trains volunteers and gathers funds to purchase appropriate books for the volunteers to use at the child care centers and then leave for the children’s continued enjoyment. For more information on becoming a Tales for Tots volunteer and read to children in child care programs, please call Marcia Scheer at (845) 362-1429 or email email@example.com.
Intern Opportunities: Child Care Resources of Rockland accepts college students who are looking for intern opportunities for their degree programs. For more information about becoming an intern please call Karen Ross at (877) 425-0009 x630 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.