The County of Rockland and the New York State Department of Health both offer programs that encourage and support breastfeeding, and we are excited to be working with the Rockland County Department of Health to help family/group family child care providers and child care centers in Ramapo and Clarkstown become designated as a “Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Site.”
Breast Feeding Friendly Success Stories
Bright Beginnings of Rockland, Inc.
In 2017, Bright Beginnings proudly earned their Breastfeeding Friendly Designation for both of their child care locations. After receiving several hours of technical assistance from CCRR staff, Jaime Naddeo, owner, created a comfortable space in her infant toddler rooms for breastfeeding mothers. Click on the photo to read more.
Campus Fun and Learn Center
We are proud to have worked with the following Rockland County child care centers and homes toward meeting the requirements of the Breastfeeding Friendly designation. Congratulations!
- Stephanie Acevedo, My Tiny World LLC – Group Family Child Care
- Andrea Bogin, Campus Fun & Learn Child Development Center, Inc. – Child Care Center
- Ivett Carrasco, Kids Town – Group Family Child Care
- Maria Ceci, Rockland Worksite Daycare – Child Care Center
- Miriam Cohen – Group Family Child Care
- Johely Cruz, Early Bird Nursery and Child Care – Group Family Child Care
- Darnett E. Davis, Kidsnett Child Care Program – Child Care Center
- Jeannine Desir, Jenny's Heavenly Daycare – Group Family Child Care
- Charmaine Emundson, Charm’s Daycare – Group Family Child Care
- Merlande U. Francois, Little Sprouts Family Day Care – Group Family Child Care
- Rosa Garcia – Group Family Child Care
- Sarah Hirschberg, Darchei Noam Daycare - Group Family Child Care
- Lorna Levitin – Group Family Child Care
- Wanda L. McCarthy – Group Family Child Care
- Scheindl Michalowitz, Teacher Mommy Daycare, Inc. - Child Care Center
- Jamie Naddeo, Bright Beginnings of Rockland, Inc. (New City and Pomona locations) – Group Family Child Care
- Noelia O’Leary, Nelly’s Nest - Family Child Care
- Irma Pachter, Mother Gooses House - Group Family Child Care
- Elsa Sandoval – Group Family Child Care
- Shaindel L. Spitzer - Group Family Child Care
- Chaya Tauber, Gan Simcha Day Care Inc. – Group Family Child Care
- Chana Twersky, Kids in Action NY - Group Family Child Care
- Clara Ungar – Group Family Child Care
- Aviva T. Weimer, Kiddie Kingdom – Group Family Child Care
- Nathalee N. Williams, Interaction Child Care LLC – Group Family Child Care
- Sophia Zuniga, Sophia's Sandcastle – Group Family Child Care
Learn more about the Rockland County Breastfeeding Promotion and Support Program and its breastfeeding designation for child care centers; contact Jenny Spampinato, Infant Toddler Specialist: 845-425-0009, x419 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Guide to the Rights of Breastfeeding Employees in NY
The United States Breastfeeding Committee published the Guide to the Rights of Breastfeeding Employees in New York. Representatives from NYSDOH worked the NYSDOL and the NYS Breastfeeding Coalition on this effort, which was funded through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Breastfeeding Committee by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Human Milk Initiative Educational Written Materials The Neonatal Quality Improvement Collaborative of Massachusetts has some wonderful information on their website and we are glad to share their materials. On their website's materials page, you'll find information on the Importance of Breast Milk; Pumping and Hand Expression; Skin to Skin Care; and Transition to Direct Breastfeeding. When you click on each of those headings you'll find materials available in nine languages!