Job Opening: Executive Director
The Executive Director of Child Care Resources of Rockland, Inc. will be a passionate, energetic, dynamic individual, a direct and forward-looking leader who will effectively guide and implement the organization’s mission, vision, strategy, goals, and objectives. As the face of the organization, the candidate will set a tone for excellence through effective advocacy, partnership, and administration both directly and through delegated authority.
Candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education and experience focused on early childhood/ school-age child care, children and family services, business administration, public administration, social work, or related field.
- Ability to demonstrate adept leadership; strategic thinking, planning, and organizing.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory requirements of fiscal management and reporting, management, and administration.
- Demonstrated success in grant development and fundraising techniques and challenges.
- Demonstrated skills in governance, advocacy, verbal and written communication, persuasion and negotiation, and presentation.
- Strong knowledge of human resources management and supervisory skills with the ability to maintain a collaborative, productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes and coaches employees.
- A wide range of knowledge of Rockland County, its socio-economic profile; government structure; and its non-profit community.
- Strong ethics.
- Must be periodically available to work nights and/or weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license and own car.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in either the non-profit or education community
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Care Job Bank: Are you looking to work in a child care program or hire staff for your program? Please contact Elaine Trotta at email@example.com and ask about our Job Bank.
Seeking Early Childhood Certified Teachers: Seeking enthusiastic and effective early childhood teachers to provide direct instructional services to four-year-old students in PreK classrooms for the 2017-2018 school year in Rockland County, New York.
Candidates must possess a current New York State Teaching Certificate in:
Early Childhood (Birth - Grade 2);
Nursery, Kindergarten and Grades 1-6 (N-6);
Prekindergarten - Grade 6 (P-6);
Students with Disabilities (Birth - Grade 2)
Community Based Organizations (CBOs) are independent organizations that contract with Rockland County school districts to provide free pre-K programs to four-year olds. The nearly 40 sites in Rockland offer diverse options for families across seven school districts. CBOs may range in size from having a single pre-K class to several classes. Each CBO employs its own teachers (they are not employees of the school district). Interested teachers may submit a resume and documentation of New York State Teacher Certification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering: Child Care Resources of Rockland (CCRR) accepts volunteers year round to work primarily in the Administrative Department. Volunteers will help with a variety of tasks including mailings, copying, filing and data entry. We accept volunteers for school required community service and court ordered community service. If you are interested in volunteering for Child Care Resources of Rockland, please call (877) 425-0009 x630 or email email@example.com.
Tales for Tots: Young children are receiving a head start towards emerging literacy because we know that children who are read to become readers. They have a greater chance to succeed in school, build positive self-esteem and become productive workers. Child Care Resources of Rockland recruits and trains volunteers and gathers funds to purchase appropriate books for the volunteers to use at the child care centers and then leave for the children’s continued enjoyment. For more information on becoming a Tales for Tots volunteer and read to children in child care programs, please call Marcia Scheer at (845) 362-1429 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intern Opportunities: Child Care Resources of Rockland accepts college students who are looking for intern opportunities for their degree programs. For more information about becoming an intern please call Karen Ross at (877) 425-0009 x630 or send an email to: email@example.com.